Sunday, March 6, 2011

Addicted.



Addicted: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming
*an abnormally strong craving *
*The state of being addicted; devotion; inclination *

According to these definitions, we have a diagnosis. I'm addicted to cross-country skiing. I'm no good, but I love it! It's exercise and bliss combined into one package! Unlike running, I have something I'm looking forward to other than a drink of water at the end of my workout: The downhill. And the surroundings are perfect! Nothing like being in the mountains away from our chaotic and fast-paced world. My only wish is that I could start my mornings out everyday like this.


My whole life I've rarely looked forward to winter. By the time February comes around, I am almost ("almost") willing to fast for the cause of that little groundhog, that he most definitely will NOT see his shadow! I never once took summer school because I knew I would have never survived it. I knew this because starting in March once the spring air started developing, so did my truancy in class. It was way too hard to attend my classes when I knew I could do some homework/studying outside in the sun or under a tree and reap better benefits! I have always longed for Summer; I am an Arizona girl. I love the sun, and I love the water.
But this week, I started loving the snow. And for the first time, I feel it's leaving us a little too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment