Monday, April 25, 2011

LOVE this GUY!




I meant to make this post last month as I celebrated Colby's half birthday, but never got around to it. I've been feeling lately (and always) that I definitely married upwards. Colby is such a rock! He has had such a busy, busy semester....and yet he still finds time to be amazing. The poor guy has been working so hard, yet he never complains. between lesson planning and homework, and classes, and teaching, and his calling....and of course soccer.......he averages about 3-4 hours a night of sleep--if that. Some days I wish he would just mumble and grumble about SOMETHING so that I can be assured he is normal. To make matters worse, he has to deal with a pregnant wife who almost completely avoids cooking at all costs. It's all I can do to keep everything in my stomach (most of the time). It broke my heart when I came home the other day, opened my computer, and saw the latest google search: "how to cook rice in a rice cooker" The poor guy googled how to cook rice and then ate it plain with soy sauce. I can't help but feel that I am the lamest wife around. I'm hoping (for real) you all will slip me some amazingly delicious recipes to make it up to him in a few weeks. I am patiently waiting for his two years of "year-round" school to end, because he really deserves to go on a vacation of his own choosing and just be treated like a KING! I am so glad that he has already witnessed some of his hard work pay off and am so proud of him for accomplishing his dreams in being hired as a FULL TIME SEMINARY TEACHER! Wahoo! Good Job Colby! I don't know that I can say it was all just his hard work, as many of us know he has a natural talent for teaching. That is what first attracted me to him in our ward. He was the mission prep teacher and I was in awe with his enthusiasm for the gospel, and his talent for teaching. No doubt he will change many lives throughout his lifetime. I have already witnessed it in our own ward as he has fulfilled his calling as the ward missionary.

So Colby, thanks for being such an incredible husband. You will never admit that you are tired, but I see your head nodding off anytime you allow your body to be still for more than 30 seconds (which doesn't happen often in a day), and you may say you are not frustrated, but I can tell by your eyes how heavy the school load is on you. What baffles me, is how you still find time to scratch my back, do random housework, come to my first doctor's appointment, or stop in to the store to buy me some flowers. I just hope that before our hairs turn gray, I have found ways to be just as good of a spouse to you! I've got a lot to live up to.

And to mom and dad, thanks for raising such a great son!

6 comments:

  1. Mom and Dad raising Colby? He was raised by a pack of wild gorillas in the Amazon. We found him and took him at age 22... family secret is out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever! No fair taking the credit away from Mom and Dad. They did do awesome, but guess what Kristina? He has always been a great guy, but since he met you, he has become an even greater guy. You bring out the best in him and we love you being in our family.

    I really do wish I had Colby's super powers to only sleep 3-4 hours a night though? My house would be so clean and I'd be able to play with my kids all the time.

    Oh, and I'll be bringing you some freezer meals that you can just pop in the oven. Nothin' is worse than cooking when you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both pretty awesome--especially together. We are proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are amazing together! I am SO excited for you to be expecting, but morning (or all day sickness when I was pregnant with Ryker) is SO awful. I hope you get feeling better soon, try water pops (you know that full of sugar yummy flavors that you can break in half and save it for later kind), they seemed to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a sweet post! Colby really is amazing. But, I agree with everyone else, he is even more amazing because he has you. I can't wait for your lives to slow down once he done with school and working in some small town, changing all those kids lives. Their not going to know what hit them. He is such a gifted teacher. Love you guys. Wish I could be there to help you out with your morning sickness! Hopefully it's getting better by now!

    ReplyDelete